Saturday, May 26, 2012

Derma E Fruit Enzyme Facial Scrub!


So I have been doing some research, reading reviews mainly, to try to find a new exfoliant. Requirements: keep skin clear, soft, doesn't leave skin feeling stripped, results noticable. One that's stood out to me is Kate Somerville's Exfolikate. The raving reviews really piqued my interest, until I popped into Sephora and saw the $65 price tag. I'm still interested, and might purchase the $19 trial size eventually, but in the meantime, I thought it'd be better to find a more wallet-friendly alternative.
Enter Derma E! I found the Derma E Fruit Enzyme Facial Scrub in a natural food store called Nutrition S'Mart, but you can also find it at Whole Foods. I think I paid a little over $12, but you can also purchase it online on Vitacost for $9.50.
Like Exfolikate, this exfoliating scrub has fruit enzymes which will help break down those dead skin cells naturally, and the fine polishing beads buff away dead skin and leave it feeling baby smooth! Since I haven't used Exfolikate yet, I can't really tell you if this $12 natural facial scrub is comparable, but it certainly suits what I was looking for.
It's got dead sea salt, which is very therapeutic for a variety of conditions and is known for its healing properties (read more here). The exfoliating beads are small and fine but definitely not wimpy. If you like to feel the scrub really working, you'll enjoy this. It's not harsh though. The bottle says it's gentle enough for daily use. If you've got sensitive or inflammed skin, I'd probably stay away if I were you. However, it's very suitable for most skin types. I'm on the oily side and prone to clogged pores, and occasional breakouts that can include cystic acne and regular ol' zits. However, this would be great for dry skin to refresh it and buff away that dead skin, as well as on aging skin, to  keep it soft and supple. It can be used dry, then rinsed off, or used on a wet face (which I prefer).
Health nuts of the world rejoice -- it's organic, cruelty-free (not tested on animals)/vegan, paraben-free, and eco-friendly. Overall, I'd recommend this facial scrub as it's effective (even after the first use), makes skin look radiant, contains beneficial ingredients like dead sea salt and fruit enzymes, and has an incredible price tag. Oh, and did I mention it smells like a pina colada?!
If interested, here are the ingredients:
Ingredients: Water (aqua), glycerin, carthamus tinctorius (safflower) seed oil, stearic acid, cocamidopropyl hydroxysultaine, cetyl alcohol, citric acid, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, magnesium oxide (dead sea salt), macrocystis pyrifera (sea kelp) extract, organic chamomilla recutita (matricaria) flower extract*, organic camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract*, organic simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil*, xanthan gum, prunus armeniaca (apricot) seed powder, stearyl alcohol, organic aloe barbadensis leaf extract*, peg-100 and glyceryl stearate, zea mays (corn) kernel meal, carica papaya (papaya) fruit extract, titanium dioxide, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol, ethylhexylglycerin, natural and fragrant oils. *Certified organic by Quality Assurance International, USDA or Guaranteed Organic Certification Agency.

No comments:

Post a Comment