Sunday, May 13, 2012

Ulta Baked Eye Shadow is gorgeous but not packed in pigment


 Ulta Baked Eye Shadow in shade Plum Gorgeous: $8.00, right now on sale for $4.00.


I love the look of these eye shadow duos, with the swirling colors. I tried out the shade Plum Gorgeous because I think lavender looks fabulous on everyone. While I love the pairing of the two colors, when it comes to actual application, these eye shadows are nothing to write home about. They aren't terrible, but I certainly would not consider them to be a "prestige" product. It's probably just the baked formula that I don't like, and I should try their regular shadows for comparison. The lavender and plum shades are gorgeous but I really had to dig my brush in and layer this stuff on to get it to show. I prefer highly pigmented color that calls attention, not a faded version of what I hoped for. If you want just a trace of color, these shadows will be right up your alley. I pair my Ulta Baked Eye Shadow with an Urban Decay eye primer to get it to last long. By itself, it's sure to fade quickly, so if you don't mind layering it on to see the pigment and you have a good primer, then these baked shadows are usable.

No comments:

Post a Comment