Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Review: Maybelline The Falsies Flared Volum' Express


Tonight, I was planning on picking up some Cover Girl Lash Blast 24 hour mascara from Target.  It usually costs me about 8 bucks. Then I noticed Maybelline's "The Falsies" mascara right across the isle for around 6 bucks. Now just to be completely honest, I have no problem spending $20+ on a good mascara (I love Benefit's They're Real!), but it's pretty great when you find a mass brand that offers something just as good for a fraction of the cost, and that's what I love about Cover Girl Lash Blast 24 hour. If you haven't tried it yet, I highly recommend it! The brush is fat but has comb-like bristles and it really, really lasts.

But anyways, the Falsies mascara was beckoning me with it's cheap price tag and rave reviews (I mean really, SO many girls have told me this is their all-time favorite go-to for super deluxe lashes) so I decided to give it a try!

My first impressions: Its brush is curved so it really covers all the lashes at once and is super easy to use. With one coat, my lashes looked naturally long and flirty (see photo, above). With the second coat, you really get that false-lash effect. I felt like the second coat looked a bit clumpy when you examine the lashes up close, so precede with caution when layering this mascara.

After a few uses: Though I liked it all right the first couple of uses, after about a week of using Falsies, I have decided I don't like it. At all. It does look pretty clumpy and it kind of makes my eyelashes look brittle and weird when you look up close. It doesn't really keep each lash defined the way my Cover Girl does.

I don't know if it's something about the formula that makes it best when first opened or if it was just my excitement to try it. I thought it was a good value and overall pretty nice mascara, but now I only use it from time to time, simply because I spent money on it and don't want to be wasteful. It smells strongly of chemicals or something, but it does in fact give the huge mega-lash look that I love. Though it looks rockin', the formula is not for me. Sorry Falsies!

No comments:

Post a Comment