Monday, May 28, 2012

Happy Memorial Day! Try a navy smokey eye.

Hope you are all enjoying your Memorial Day! It's been a gorgeous day here in Florida. Most importantly, let's not forget to remember those who have served in our military and lost their lives defending our freedom. Well, on a lighter note, since this is a beauty blog, I'm curious -- what'd you wear for Memorial Day? Breakout the classic Old Navy flag t-shirt? Or did you show a lil American pride via your makeup? I went for a navy smokey eye.
How I did it: Here's your quick navy smokey eye tutorial. There are different ways to create a smokey eye, the classic being: 1) Put the lightest shade all the way up to the brows, 2) Put the medium shade all over the lid, and 3) Blend the darkest shade in the crease and along the outer lash line.

But, I didn't use that classic method today. I went monochromatic. This look is popping up all over the red carpert wtih cobalt and navy blue shades catching eyes and attention.

1. I simply swiped on some eye primer to start, and then used a flathead brush (Urban Decay Shadow Brush) to tap on some navy eye shadow across the whole lid.
2. I used my blender brush and blended the shadow up just a little bit beyond the crease.
3. Then, I wet my flathead brush, dipped it into my navy shadow, and used the wet shadow like eye liner, drawing along my upper and bottom lash lines. I didn't finsh the lines because it can close up the eye. The liner should be thickest toward the outside, end about three-quarters the way in (just my own preference).

Obviously, finish with a fabulous mascara. Try it with a light pink or nude lip!

No comments:

Post a Comment