Sunday, May 6, 2012

Smokey eye with tangerine -- Learn this look!


So this look was pretty easy to do and it works great for summer nights out on the town. To start, I brushed Benefit's ChaCha Tint stain on my lips and used a foundation brush to apply it to the apples of my cheeks.

I lighted dusted Bare Mineral's loose powder foundation over my entire face to blend, soften and mute the cheek stain a bit.

Next, I focused on the eyes with Urban Decay's Naked palette. As a base, I patted on the color Sin, a shimmery champagne, on my lids. Then, I brushed Virgin, even lighter than Sin, from crease to brow and into the inner corners of my eyes. With a crease brush, I swiped a glittery cool brown called Sidecar into my crease. Then I dipped my crease brush into Smog, a warm chocolate brown, and blended it only into my outer crease.

I used Ulta's bronze automatic eye liner on the top lid and used a wet flat brush to brush a light black Creep along the lower lash line.

 I know it probably seems odd to use a bronze on top and light black on the bottom. One of the reasons for this is (as you can see in the third photo), I have hidden lids so I liked using a lighter liner on top. Also, the soft effects of using a shadow makes it easier to mix-match colors on top and bottom because it's very blended and smokey anyways. This took me about ten minutes or less, so it's great if you've gotta get ready to go out with friends in a jiffy. Hope you enjoyed!

No comments:

Post a Comment