Friday, May 11, 2012

Summer Olympics = Metallic Eyes!


The London Summer Olympics kick off July 27, 2012, and that's not far off! I've already seen commercials on TV! My husband is all pumped up to watch, and I am too -- but for different sports and different reasons. For example, his favorite sport in the world is soccer, but I'd rather just tune in for the gymnastics. Oh, and it's a great excuse to play around with metallic makeup! I recommend experimenting with gold, silver or bronze looks. I've numbered the photos above to show you two different looks -- day and night.
In photos 1 & 2, I simply used a champagne shadow as my base color on the lids, and used a shimmering gold in the crease and along the lower lash line. The important thing to note is that I wet a flathead brush to line the lower lashes with eye shadow. If you don't wet the powder, you may end up with powder flying into your eyes, and that's never pretty.
In photos 3 & 4, I took the look up a notch. I lined my upper lashes with a dark brown liquid liner to make my eyes more defined and my lashes more full. I used an Urban Decay liquid liner because it lasts so long, and it's super easy to use. Then, I found a really cool, deep brown eye shadow that has a very slight tint of gold in it: Urban Decay's Dark Horse. I used my crease brush and blended Dark Horse into the crease, going about three-quarters in. Those two simple steps (the darker color in the crease and the liquid liner on top) is all it took to take this look from day to night.

No comments:

Post a Comment